Tuesday, December 4, 2012

SPAM and Your Business


Spam is probably one of the biggest problems that we face in this new technological era. Personally, I receive about 10 junk emails a day telling me about all sorts of rubbish that has absolutely nothing to do with me. Junk email is confusing, harmful and a complete pain in the backside! I have trialled numerous spam filters but none of them seem to work at all. Primarily, I have accounts with Hotmail and the spam filters are really not satisfactory.

I run a small internet business myself and sometimes when I get these emails I am genuinely confused as to whether it is genuine or just absolute rubbish. Some junk email that I get is made to look so convincing I am not sure whether it is a business proposition or if it is someone after my bank details! I cant really tell the difference that easily. Is there anyone out there who knows a good bit of software that could help me out because I am honestly lost in this world of techno jargon! I have recently sent out an email to a company claiming that my domain name was under attack! A firm in China had told me that another company somewhere in Shanghai were trying to register different variants of my domain name.

First thing I did obviously was panic. 'what if this other company buys all my neighbouring domains, I will be ruined!' I immediately checked the availability of the domains through my actually internet provider and none of them had been taken. Much to my own confusion I decided to buy the .com version of my site as that was the most important one that I didn't want to loose. I sent an email back to the company detailing my concerns with this 'company' that wanted to register my domain and I have never heard a reply back. Classic spam story, eh? I was completely sucked in to the email but luckily didn't reply to them with, 'give me all the domains possible!' Fundamentally, that is what they are trying to do. They want your money!

So if you run into any emails threatening the same, IGNORE IT!

Take Extra Precautions and Stop Spam   The Scourge of Spam and How to Tackle It   Spam Filtering For Small Businesses - Increase Productivity and Protect Your Data   Ways to Fight Fraud   Configuring Your Exchange Server to Filter Spam   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。